- Komoot is the number one app for inspirational outdoor adventures.
Today komoot, Europe’s most successful outdoor inspiration app, announced the addition of several new game-changing features that allow users to discover and recommend nature’s most interesting sights and places. Komoot’s latest release delivers instant Smart Tour recommendations to users based on their sport preferences, location, and the most interesting places, or Highlights, in the area. Komoot is the only outdoor app in the world that features this proprietary technology, allowing adventurers to customize their Tours in real-time before they head into the wild.
Komoot’s latest release beefs up its existing Highlights offering, which allows informed explorers to point out interesting nature spots with photos, tips, and likes, so other members of the outdoor community can utilize the information to find new outdoor sights, and plan their own outdoor Tours.
From the Lake District, to the Bay Area Ridge, to the Bavarian Alps and beyond, members of the komoot community are discovering outdoor spots like singletracks, trails, peaks, and recommending these one-of-a-kind nature experiences to others. These new additions combine with komoot’s powerful existing features of topographic maps, turn-by-turn voice navigation, and offline map functionality—turning every smartphone into an outdoor exploration guide.
“From the geocoding mapping technology to the inspirational component and smartwatch compatibility, komoot is doing something other apps have yet to do through proprietary technology,” said Florian Schindler, Partner at KRW Schindler Private Ventures. “We believe that komoot is satisfying a need within the outdoor community and that it will expand far beyond its current offering.”
- State of the Art Navigation: Topographic maps and turn-by-turn voice navigation to enable planning and tracking with ease.
- Personalized Recommendations: With the Highlights feature, users can point out and discover nature’s most interesting places with photos, tips, and likes.
- Plan & Go Functionality: Plan down to the last detail with at-a-glance info like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
- Real-Time Information: Useful info on Tour characteristics like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation during this time.
- Offline Availability: Powerful offline capabilities allow users to download their planned outdoor activities with offline topographic maps.
- Smartwatch Compatible: Komoot’s latest smartwatch partnerships with Android and Samsung offer a compelling use case for tech wearables.
Founded by biking fanatics, komoot is Europe’s leading outdoor app. Established in 2010 and with over 2 million users worldwide, the Berlin and Potsdam-based app keeps nature fans active and inspired by telling them where to go and what to check out while exploring. The first of its kind to provide topographic maps, real-time navigation, personalized recommendations and offline maps, komoot was recently named one of Google Play’s Best Apps of 2014. From the amateur hiker to the pro mountain biker and other outdoor pros, the app enables users to plan and track customized Tours on their phone or smartwatch.